How To Contact Dollar Rent-A-Car Corporate Office Headquarters HQ
Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group, Inc.
5330 East 31st Street
Tulsa, OK 74135 USA
Corporate Phone Number: 1-918-660-7700
Fax Number: 1-302-655-5049
Customer Support Phone Number: 1-800-800-5252
Website: Dollar Car Rentals
Dollar Car Rental’s competition includes Sixt, Hertz, Avis, Budget, Fox Rent-a-Car, Ace Rent-a-Car, Enterprise, and Payless.
CorporateOfficeHeadquarters.com is not associated with Dollar Thrifty. This Website is for informational and review purposes only.
Recently I picked up a car from Dollar at the Atlanta Airport. A few miles from the airport a yellow warning light came on in the upper righthand panel of the display. I looked to see what the problem was and saw the reading –19 Low. I assumed this meant low tire pressure. I stopped at a service station; however, it did not have air. I called the “Emergency Road Service” number that was on my rental record “1-866-434-2226”.
1. There was an automated recording but not one of the choices was for emergency road service; therefore, I selected choice 2.
2. The man who answered heard my concern but asked if he could help me with a future rental before he connected me to the emergency service. This was highly inappropriate—his concern should have been for my safety and taking care of my emergency.
3. The woman he connected me to was nothing short of an idiot. She said the low reading was for engine trouble and told me to bring the car back in the morning. I told her that wasn’t an option. ****She told me to –drive it back to the airport– and–to make sure I filled the tank before I brought it in!**** I controlled my anger and told her I would bring it in as it was. She should be fired for this. There is no excuse for this callousness.
4. As I drove back towards the freeway, the reading rapidly dropped to 11. On the display the picture of the car showed flashing at the front driver’s side tire. I pulled over at another service station and called again. I believe I spoke to the same two people who answered the first time; however, this time the female answered and then transferred me to the male.
5. The man advised me to put air in the tire and drive the car back to the airport. This service station had an “out of order” air pump. I told the male representative there must be a hole in the tire because the pressure was dropping so rapidly and asked if he could direct me to a gas station that had air. I mentioned I was driving around a place I didn’t know, at night, and the tire was likely to go flat while I looked for a station. He offered no help, such as looking up a station with working air or sending someone to repair the tire. I got angry and told him I would call my insurance company for help. When I hung up, my phone battery died. I was afraid to drive on the freeway—the only way I knew of to get to the airport—on a tire that might blow out but was even more afraid to seek out a good Samaritan. I therefore drove the car back to the airport.
6. When I got to the airport the tire pressure was 6psi.
7. I waited in line for 45 minutes before reaching the representative who would facilitate the exchange. She indicated she had to call the manager. The manager did not come, therefore the representative asked me to step to the side until the manager arrived. She called him several times and took care of 5 other customers before the manager finally showed.
I got in line for the initial rental before 7:30pm. It was after 11 when I received the exchange. I let the manager know Dollar should have taken something off my rental and you should’ve paid my hotel fare for that night. He offered me a $75 voucher for a future rental; I refused it and assured him I will never rent from Dollar again.
In and of itself, I’m not dwelling on the car problem–things malfunction and break. I am very bothered by the callousness of your employees and will therefore not rent from Dollar again. I will report this to the director of ground transportation at the airport and to the Atlanta Chamber of Commerce.
I rented a car in PHX to drive home to MSP. I rented on 4/13 with a return date of 4/15. No one was in MSP when I dropped off the car. There was sign that stated that no attendant was on duty and to leave the keys in the car. I did that @1500 on 4/15. I woke up to another day charge on my AMEX. After several attempts to get through, I finally spoke with a manager that "assured" me that this would be taken care of. I have sent several messages and have made several attempts to get this resolved to only have my post continue to be removed because it's a negative post. All I want is this situation to be rectified and made right. I did NOT return my vehicle on 4/16 as they stated on my receipt, I dropped my rental off on 4/15 @1500. There are cameras. All Dollar needs to do is look at the camera and figure it out. For them to charge another day is called stealing. I am a TA and I also travel and use rental cars monthly. Unfortunately, with this experience, I will be putting this company in my "NEVER USE" folder. I can't imagine a company of this size would need to steal $275 from me…My next step is to contact the Better Business Bureau if this doesn't get resolved immediately.
Come on dollar get your act together overcharging people we rented two cars off of you,One which we picked up on the 14th of February and the other was for our girls which were coming out to Florida on the 22nd February.Everything we wanted had been paid for in England. The girls had no phone reception at the airport the girl behind the dollar counter told them they would be in violation if they did not take out the Sunpass which they did not need because where we were staying you only needed to go through to which would’ve cost us $2.75 with some pals cost $80 they told the girls that you’re not allowed to pay with cash or with card and that they would be in serious traffic violation. Try to bring the subject up at the airport as usual didn’t wanna know won’t be using your company again and anybody that asked me about a car hire company, I will warn them against using dollar because all your firm are Group of liars and taking money under false pretences.